Friday, September 19, 2008

Stardate something.something.pancakes

Man I miss pancakes.

That probably doesn't make sense....

Well I wanted to get pancakes before I left for Japan.

And, well, I forgot.

Damn.

Oh well.

I should probably say something about Japan.

Well, flying sucks. That's one thing. I'm going to say this: I'm not one of those people with the "Speak the language or get the double F outta my country" but I will say that if you work in an international airport, then you should fluently speak the two languages that the majority of your flyers do.

I know Japanese enough to ask them questions and have them point to things though, so I managed to get through that way. The guys that they left to meet with me collectively knew less English than my baby cousin though, so that was irritating.

Ah well, hopefully I'm speaking fluent Japanese when I fly again so this won't be a problem. Or at least fluent enough to explain to them when I ask where to pick up my baggage.

To anyone who I said I'd lose weight being in Japan: I lied.

So far I've had a can of C.C. Lemon that only has 40 calories and has vitamin c in it.

But for 25 yen cheaper I can get a 32oz can of Mountain dew. And then use that extra 25 yen to go buy this... this... W roll concoction and eat it.





Oh well. I think I'll join the taekwando and kyudo clubs. I think it's called Kyudo. Japanese archery. Looks badass and there is nobody in it really. 15 people, so it'll be easy to meet friends.

Which you'd think I wouldnt have a problem with, what with the 12 or so people that have come up and just randomly introduced themselves. Too bad I can't remember any of their names (aside from my RA but he's the Avatar as far as I'm concerned).

I had more things to say. I did, I really did. I think I flunked the japanese proficiency test but that doesn't really matter cause apparently I could enroll in the native fluency courses if I want. The proficiency test is just a suggestion of where you should enroll. Woohoo.

I need to find a place that sells digital cameras cause I can't get them on campus. When I do there will be photos of more than just my snacks. Like the campus. Oh god is it pretty. So pretty I wrote it a little song:

On top of some mountains
All covered in trees
I came to Oita
To learn Japanese

The first test was real hard
I think I have failed.
But if I try real hard
In the end I'll prevail

The people are nice here
The soda is cheap
The weather is so hot
I think I could weep.

This song is real crappy
I think you'll admit
But, hey look right at me
See if I give a

Song ends there cause I'm too lazy.

Lemme know how much you hate the blog name. If enough people hate it I'll change it. This is on an alt e-mail account anyways so hurrah.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm on your blog. Posting in your comments section.

Congrats on making it to the Orient! Bring me back Gundam Model kits dammit!!!

But yeah, you will have some serious fun man and learn alot!

Ramen King Roshi said...

Everyone freakin' tellin me to bring stuff back for them. Raffle baffle. We'll see about the gundam kits, Kenshiro already wants me to bring him a Japanese PS2 for some reason. If I find any for cheap I'll let ya know.

Anonymous said...

You just had to write a song didn't you.

Mad man.

How is your RA the avatar?

Ramen King Roshi said...

Because his name is Aang, that's why.

Anonymous said...

ps...i have a song about japan crossed with a song about spaghetti going on in my head right now. the result is...interesting.

Anonymous said...

Lol pun. Anyways, sounds like Japan is awesome. As soon as funds build up, I'm gonna paypal you some cash so you can buy me cool stuff.

And be sure to have fun... as if you wouldn't.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you silly silly Roshi. I'm glad you got there in one piece. Well, it seems like your Asian adventures are off to a pretty decent start. And You HAVE to take moar pictures. ;_;

And as for bringing things, if you find Bleach-related stuff that doesn't blow; that would be so much sexiness right there.

Hey, and shockingly enough...I miss harassing you during club. Srsly. <3<3<3

γΎγ‚γ‚΄γƒž said...

you know what i want..... MAMEGOMAS!!!!! or just mamegoma pictures. lol

oh, and don't get raped. :D

hddave525 said...

It's a shame I didn't get a chance to talk to you before you left, so I hope your time is well spent. Anytime you can extricate yourself from the dwindling abyss that is the US economy (I think the Dow is falling as I write), it's well worth the airport aggravation.

I've established a blog of my own, so check it out when you have the time. I'm trying to gain a loyal readership, but it's not easy.

Have a nice time in Japan.

Dave

Anonymous said...

Hey Roshi you made it whoo. yea umm while your there climb mount fuji for me because i wanted to but didn't get the chance. Also, call jimmy and kick him in the ball-o for me.

Ramen King Roshi said...

Yeah umm.. I would've had to go over there while I was still in Tokyo. I guess I can do it but it'd have to be during winter vacation if I don't take the suicide course.

Also jimmy is on Okinawa which is like 200 bucks to get to.